Today I am sharing crisp Indian paneer stuffed naan with the filling of chilies and grated paneer. Even it is also a complete meal in breakfast. Stuffed naan are more demanding in Indian homes or in restaurant.
Even at home variety of stuffed breads are served in breakfast. Keema Naan, Gobi Paratha, Aloo Matar Paratha are few of my favorite which I have shared on blog earlier.
Now i m sharing paneer stuffed naan needed ingredients are purpose flour, chilies, paneer, onion etc. For learning how to make paneer stuffed naan follow the following steps carefully.
Ingredients for stuffed naan !!!
- 1 cup warm water (divided)
- 1 tbsp dry yeast
- 2 tbsp (10ml) maple syrup
- 4 cups (480 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- Salt according to taste
- 10 tbsp (150ml) vegan yogurt
- 2 tbsp (30ml) oil
- melted butter for brushing
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1/2 cup grated paneer
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 grated ginger
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tbsp garm masala
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 tbsp turmeric
- 1/ cup cooked green peas
- 4 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp lime juice
How to make stuffed naan ?
Preparation for dough :
1. Take a small bowl, mix the yeast and sugar with one 1/4 cup of warm water.
2. Leave it in a warm place for 5-10 minutes or until the yeast is covered with foam.
3. Mix together activated yeast mixture in a bowl also added the flour, salt and 1 tbsp oil.
4. Add a little water and knead the mixture well with your hands to make a soft and slightly sticky dough.
5. Apply a little oil to the dough ball and cover it with a plastic wrap or cloth.
6. Leave it in warm place to rise for 2 to 3 hours or until it is double in size.
7. Punch the dough again and knead it again to make smooth .
8. Pinch a large lemon size balls and dip it into dry flour.
9. Spread garlic and coriander leaves. (You can also do this once you roll the dough ball.)
10. Repeat the same method with the rest of the dough balls.
For making filling:
1.Take a pan and add fry chopped onion then add ginger paste, garlic, cumin powder, red chili powder, salt, turmeric powder, garm masala, chopped cilantro until onion change color into brown.
2.After this add grated paneer and stir for few minutes and keep aside.
For making naan:
1. Take one dough portion/ball and roll to 2-inch circle with a rolling-pin.
2. Place a 2 tbsp of paneer stuffing on the center.
3. Bring together all the sides in the center and seal tightly.
4. Press lightly to seal the edges well from everywhere.
5. Top with some nigella seeds and chopped coriander leaves.
6. Dust with dry flour and roll the stuffed dough ball into an oval shape or circle shape.
7. Make sure the stuffing should not be come out.
8. Don’t roll them out too thinly or they’ll turn out like crisps.
9. Heat a pan over medium-high heat. Apply water on one side of naan and place the water side down on the tawa/pan.
11. Cook for about one to two minutes, until the dough puffs up.
12. Once the naan start bubbling and dough start drying, flip the tawa over the hot plate or flame and cook for one or more minute or until they turn golden brown.
13. Brush the cooked naan with melted garlic ghee or melted butter.
paneer stuffed Naan is ready.
Something Wrong Please Contact to Davsy Admin