Punjabi style rajma chawal|how to make at home : It is most popular dishes in north India from Punjab. In this amazing rajma chawal recipe , cooked kidney beans or rajma is excitingly flavored with a wide array of ingredients ranging from ginger and green chilies to tomatoes and onions, different spices and masalas too and then mixed with rice or depends on you. Even you will be surprised to see that all these are everyday ingridients which you don’t have to go shopping mart.
I have got to you a perfect recipe for a long and boring day and all indian loved it. This famous combination of rajma chawal is a complete one meal dinner and healthy also for vegetarians. Even it is cereal and rice combination.
For you i also ready a recipe of naan that is mainly eaten with makhni daal, kadahai paneer, sahi paneer, paneer pasanda etc. but you also tried with rajma chawal because i loved the combination and fulfill my quarantine cravings. In this post we saw the recipe of Punjabi style rajma chawal|how to make at home Read below
- Energy – 261 cal
- Protein – 7.1 g
- Carbohydrates – 42 .3 mg
- fiber – 2.8 g
- Fat – 7 g
- Cholesterol- 0 mg
- Sodium – 0.3 mg
- Rajma – 1/2 kg
- Tomato – 4 medium
- Onion – 1 large
- Garlic – 2
- Green Chili – 1 or 2
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Jeera – 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander – 1 tbsp
- Red Chili – 1/2 tbsp
- Rajma masala – 1 tbsp
- Hing – 1 pinch
- Kasuri methi – 1/4 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1/3 tbsp
- Salt acc. to taste
- Basmati Rice – 1 glass
- Water – 2 glass
- Salt – 1/4 tbsp
How to make Punjabi style Rajma chawal step by step:
Preparation for Rajma:
1.Soaked rajma lentils into bowl for 8-10 hours or for overnight in water.
2.Rinse both lentils a couple of times in water.
3.Drain again and then add them in pressure cooker for boiling. Add 3 cups water and stir well.
4. Cooked the rajma for half an hour or whistles 8 to 10. For checking doneness of both rajma and urad dal, mash the urad dal with the help of spoon and same rule for rajma too. Keep the cooked beans aside.
5. Take a blender jar add 2 large size chopped tomatoes into it and make blend smooth puree. keep aside.
6. In a pan add 3 tbsp butter you can use salted or unsalted butter.
7. Then add all species – 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds, 2 to 3 garlic cloves and 1 pinch hing.
8. When saute till the spices become aromatic. After this add finely chopped onion into same pan until onion change color into light golden on low flame.
9. Stir saute and add ginger garlic paste in saute then add chopped green chili in saute and stir continuously for a minute.
10.Add tomato puree in it and stir it.
11. Cook the rajma on flame for half an hour and also cover it with lid.
Now we ready to cooked chawal or rice.
- Wash the rice properly and keep aside.
- Take a pan, add 3-4 cup water into it. Let it boil.
- When water starts to boil, add 1 cup rice and 1/4 tbsp salt. Cook for 15 minute and reduce the heat let it cook till the rice in completely soft.
- Switch off the flame and drain the starch water by pouring the rice and water over colander.
- Put rice in bowl and keep it cover till serving time.
- Serve hot with Vegetable Manchurian
Recipe Of Naan!!!
Ingredients for Naan !!!
- 1 cup warm water (divided)
- 1 tbsp dry yeast
- 2 tbsp (10ml) maple syrup
- 4 cups (480 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- Salt according to taste
- 10 tbsp (150ml) vegan yogurt
- 2 tbsp (30ml) oil
- melted butter for brushing
Preparation for dough :
1. Take a small bowl, mix the yeast and sugar with one 1/4 cup of warm water.
2. Leave it in a warm place for 5-10 minutes or until the yeast is covered with foam.
3. Mix together activated yeast mixture in a bowl also added the flour, salt and 1 tbsp oil.
4. Add a little water and knead the mixture well with your hands to make a soft and slightly sticky dough.
5. Apply a little oil to the dough ball and cover it with a plastic wrap or cloth.
6. Leave it in warm place to rise for 2 to 3 hours or until it is double in size.
7. Punch the dough again and knead it again to make smooth .
For making naan:
1. Take one dough portion/ball and roll to 2-inch circle with a rolling-pin.
2.Cook for about one to two minutes, until the dough puffs up.
3.. Once the naan start bubbling and dough start drying, flip the tawa over the hot plate or flame and cook for one or more minute or until they turn golden brown.
4. Brush the cooked naan with melted garlic ghee or melted butter.
Naan is ready.
You also try these recipe because this is related to your interest.
Dal Makhni - DAL MAKHANI IN RESTAURANT STYLE Stuffed Naan - Paneer Stuffed Naan Mughlai paratha - RECIPE OF MUGHLAI PARATHA IN EASY WAY
Something Wrong Please Contact to Davsy Admin